Thursday 14 March 2013

PSD Covers and More Logo Development

I decided, seeing as though I am creating an app, that I should be prepared to mock up. I was also intrigued to see how my progress would look if it were to be transferred to an app now. Using templates from psdcovers.com, an excellent website for this kind of thing, I mocked up a few initial screens. Here they are, in all their glory:

I think the loading screen looks okay - it does exactly what it needs to do, which is present the app name clearly and be simple enough to not require much loading itself. I think this is alright for now, there shouldn't be much work needed.

The main menu, however, is pretty basic - it looks incredibly plain. I need to make it look more interesting, whilst still holding this information in a structured way that is clear and straightforward. Still, it's good to see the mockups are working.

I also decided to work on a few simplified logos. I will need one for the app logo and it's good to have an icon that can represent the identity:



I'm really liking the continuation of the arrow icons, in the form of up and down arrows. It is relevant to the app name & logo, it represents the changing intensity and customisation the user has on the app, and also keeps the use of the arrows constant and part of the identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment