Tuesday 21 May 2013

Creating Icons For the Other Animals

I have decided to promote 5 animals in total. Here are the animals that I have chosen:

  • Javan Rhino
  • Kemp Ridley Turtle
  • Cross River Gorilla
  • Maui's Dolphin
  • Amur Leopard
The first order of business is to create the icons for the animals in the style of the one that I produced for the Javan Rhino. I put images of each animal in illustrator as a guide for my icons:



I quickly sketched out compositions that I could do for each animal on graph paper:

[scan]

Kemp Ridley Turtle:


I started with the shell, simply mirrored the image.




Gorilla







I did this to have consistency to the Rhino icon. it also separates the back, which people are aware of with the silverback gorilla, for example.

Leopard





Dolphin





\

Added a white overlay to separate the lines

Initial Animal Icons









No comments:

Post a Comment