Wednesday 22 May 2013

Polishing Off The Restore Logo




I can't help but feel it looks a little to 'surfy' at the moment. I can't really explain it, but the big logo with small text makes it look like a brand of clothing aimed at surfers. It's not really appropriate. Especially in Edmondsans (I did an extra test to be completely sure). The bottom example looks a little better, and it helps having Gotham.

I feel as though I need a new typeface, however. One that reflects the symbol. Something rounded, whilst still being uniform. I did a few tests to prove that serif & slab-serif weren't appropriate:



Eventually, by flicking through Fontbook, I found a typeface that was perfect:

Museo Sans


Final Logo

Made the logo smaller to avoid being that clothing label I described. Looks oddly more formal, and more relevant to a campaign. Adjusted the tracking, and made final tweaks to the logo by offsetting the path slightly. This would make it a little more spacious at smaller sizes:


---




No comments:

Post a Comment