Wednesday, 13 March 2013

ACTIV - Initial App Development

After I finalised my logo, I thought it would be a good opportunity to test out layouts and compositions for the app itself. I started with the loading screen and moved onto the main menu to get a feel for the aesthetics of the overall design.

I started by setting up the document for an iPhone 5 - 640 x 1136. Here is the progress so far:

It's just not working at the moment. It's early stages, but it looks somewhat... plain. I tried a number of backgrounds using Department of Health's colour scheme, and I like the simple 5% white overlay effect I tried with the blue as it gives it a bit more dimension than the flat green backdrop - it looks closer to a digital app.

The next step for me is to look further into successful iPhone Apps and what makes them so successful. I may need to do more initial diagrams and be more creative with it. I want it to be simple, but I don't want it to be dull and to evade interest from users. I will come back to this, but I need to approach it from another direction first. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment