Wednesday 1 May 2013

Nordic Bands: Revising the Bands

I have got quite a number of Nordic bands together, but not all of them work as a musical set. I want to make this as realistic as possible, as though the compilation will exist, and therefore need to be serious when choosing the bands that I want to include in my feature. I will demonstrate the kind of music that I am looking for, which will determine my audience.

I'm also a little wary of including bands that use lyrics of their native country. I don't know, I think it might make it less accessible for a UK and western audience. Plus, the collection is designed to be an introduction to Nordic music, chances are people will find these bands if they're interested enough. There could also be problems when it comes to making typographic posters based on the lyrics, unless I translate.

Nothing is set in stone, these are just considerations on the decisions that I will ultimately have to make.

These are the sorts of bands that I want to include - a folky, indie sound. If I want to include a vinyl, indie followers and "hipsters" sometimes tend to seek out analogue methods because it's 'cool' and doesn't conform to todays conventions:




+++

Here are 3 examples of bands that I don't want in my collection, from the list constructed earlier. I still love the music, but I don't think it's appropriate for my collection and therefore wouldn't work as a set. They're probably going to be too heavy, or dark - something to headbang to but not necessarily to sit back and relax to:




+++

No comments:

Post a Comment