Wednesday 1 May 2013

The 40 Bands

So I went through my playlists and I chose 40 bands that I think represent what I am looking for the most. There is still scope for me to add or even take bands away, but at least I have a starting point. I will start gathering bios for each band so that I can start developing my publication.

Here is my original list, with the bands that I have taken out marked with a line:


Norway
  • Team Me
  • Casio Kids
  • Howl
  • Kings of Convenience
  • Kakkmaddafadda
  • John Olow Nilsen & Gjengen (Norwegian Lyrics)
  • Jim Protector
  • Heroes & Zeroes

Sweden
  • The Bear Quartet
  • Friska Viljor
  • The Deportees
  • The Perishers
  • Anna Von Hausswolff
  • Bob Hund (Swedish Lyrics)
  • Caesers
  • David & The Citizens
  • Det Vackra Livet (Swedish Lyrics)
  • Dungen (Swedish Lyrics)
  • The Fallen Empires
  • Mando Diao
  • Frederik
  • I Break Horses
  • The Mary Onettes
  • Miike Snow
  • Peter, Bjorn & John
  • Sad Puppets
  • Sambassadeur
  • Shout Out Louds
  • The Sounds
  • The Genuine Fakes
  • We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists

Finland
  • Eleanoora Rosenholm
  • Rubik
  • Lapko
  • Cats on Fire
  • Damn Seagulls
  • Murmansk
  • Black Twig 

Denmark
  • Decorate. Decorate.
  • Dúné
  • Efterklang
  • The Fashion (Split Up)
  • The Good The Bad
  • The Kissaway Trail
  • Mew
  • moi Caprice
  • The Raveonettes
  • Treefight For Sunlight
  • Très.b
  • VETO
  • The Figurines

Iceland
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • Sígur Rós
  • Soléy
  • Banko
  • Seabear
+++

I probably need to find more Icelandic bands... but for now this is a good collection to start working on. I've left out Bjork as well, as I think she is a little too well known - the reason why I cut Soléy out. Here is the playlist as it stands, but it could change a little over time:




I think the next stage is to visit record shops around Leeds to get a feel for vinyl records, and investigate the stock and processes used.

No comments:

Post a Comment