Tuesday 30 April 2013

Poster Compositions - Nordic Collective

I have done posters before with bands from the Nordic countries, and I thought it would be good to revisit this for potential material to go in the publication. Here is what I have so far, a mixture of what I was listening to at the time and bands in the list I made in the previous posts.

I am sticking to black and white at the moment, as I will be able to judge the typographic posters solely on their composition. Once I get designs that I am happy with, I will move onto colour experimentations and maybe the addition of photographic imagery, like the work that I did before I extended the Nutharc typeface:

NOTE: I have being using an older version of my typeface in this one, completely accidental. However, the 'V' has a visual quality that I love in the Love Love Love compositions. It's beautifully inconsistent. I'm stuck in a dilemma now - should I embrace the inconsistencies?


No comments:

Post a Comment